The Rick and Sherry Murray Medical Futures Scholarship
- The spouse, child or grandchild of a person who has been diagnosed with ALS. (Families of every tradition will be considered).
- A legal resident of Florida.
- Currently majoring in any medically-related degree or attending any medically-related certification program.
- Any age of student may apply - scholarships are not restricted to graduating high school seniors, high school graduates or current undergraduates.
- Applicants must attend or be accepted to school full-time (as defined by the educational institution) at an accredited two-year or four-year college or university, or vocational-technical school located in the U.S.
All interested students must complete an application and mail it along with a current, complete official transcript of grades (Grade reports are not acceptable. Official transcripts must display student name, school name, degree program, grade and credit hours earned for each course, and term in which each course was taken.), a 500-word essay describing how the student’s experience with ALS has impacted him/her and his/her decision to enter the medical field, and two (2) letters of recommendation. Other requirements are listed on the application.
Contact Financial Aid
If you have any questions about scholarships, please contact the Office of Financial Aid.